Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Shafted by Blogger

I just received an email from Blogger, and it states:

"Please be advised that on June 30th 2013, we will be updating our Content Policy to strictly prohibit the monetization of Adult content on Blogger."

 See, they don´t mind adult content, but the monetization of adult content, and demand me to remove the ads in the sidebar. And they kindly tell me two days in advance.

So, starting tomorrow, R & R will move to Wordpress for the time being. The direct link to the new address is here.

7 comments:

Ulf said...

Got the same notice myself today...joke 'em if they can't take a fuck.

Raul Rodriguez said...

Hi:
My blog From Top to Bottom is not for profit, I don't have any ads...but I think it takes a lot of nerve on the part of Google to do this.
We bloggers on Google live in constant fear of being closed. You've done the right thing by moving to another host.
I am about to hang it up anyhow after four years of blogging (July 9th) but Google is going to find out they are going to become irrelevant.

glen0330 said...

I am hoping ALOT of blogs leave Blogger. They seem to change their policies constantly, then clean out the good ones.

iama[GAY]keeper said...

I don't get Google, they say we celebrate diversity but go and shut down blogs

Anonymous said...

The new Google Chrome is lousy! Every minute, an ad pops up.

Anon D

LA Richard said...

They are allowed to make money off you, but you are not? What kind of a screwed up world is Google living in?

Erik, I will follow you to the end of the earth (you're close to the edge already, just don't fall off) and I have already bookmarked the new location of your blog.

AGB said...

I got the same message myself. Good is full of it. I'll wait to see which NEW host site you and the others take and then follow.